Click on the headings below for lists of online resources for Family and Community.
- Good Minds – a book store with authentic and accurate FNMI resources
- The history and culture of Métis people
- Historical and current information and data about First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people in Canada
- Legacy of Hope – awareness and understanding of intergenerational impact of Residential Schools
- Project of Heart – an artistic project for students seeking truth about the History of Aboriginal people in Canada
- Spirit Horse Tour 2015
- TLDSB Guiding the Way: Integrating First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Perspectives — Curriculum support for Grades 3 and 4
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP RESOURCES
- Addiction Outreach Muskoka and Parry Sound.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Muskoka
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Kawartha Lakes
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Children’s Services Council
- Community Care Access Centre
- Community Living Kawartha Lakes
- Co-Venture Project – study investigating the effects of delaying the onset of substance abuse on adolescent cognitive development
- Find a food bank – City of Kawartha Lakes
- Fourcast – a community addiction treatment agency – Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg, Minden, Campbellford
- Haliburton Highlands Health Services
- Haliburton Kawartha Kawartha Pine Ridge District Health Unit
- iMinds is a drug-related health literacy program for grades 4 to 10
- John Howard Society – effective, just, and humane responses to the causes and consequences of crime
- Muskoka/ Parry Sound addiction services contact information
- Ontario Provincial Police – resources
- Point In Time Centre for Children, Youth and Parents in Haliburton County.
- Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
- Start Talking
- YWCA Muskoka
- YWCA Peterborough Haliburton
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
CHILDREN AND YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Centre for Suicide Prevention
- 1 in 5 Children Deal with Mental Health Issues (video)
- Family, Youth and Child Services of Muskoka
- Health and Social Services Blue Book (City of Kawartha Lakes)
- Kids Mental Health Ontario resources for Parents
- Mood Disorders of Canada
- Today’s Parent: Mindfulness for Kids Learning Emotional Regulation in School
- Safe Teens: Parents Corner
- You Are Not Alone: A Mental Health Awareness Video
DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP RESOURCES
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION RESOURCES
EQUITY AND INCLUSIVE EDUCATION RESOURCES
HEALTHY ACTIVE LIVING RESOURCES
SAFE SCHOOLS RESOURCES
- Canadian Safe Schools website.
- Catherine Whitnall, reporting from Lindsay, Ontario, Canada, writes of how local schools are using restorative practices in school-based programs. The result: a significant change in the way students and teachers relate to each other.
- Information on Cyberbullying from the Media Awareness Network
- Kids Are Worth It – Barbara Coloroso offers a valuable resource for parents and educators.
- Kids Help Phone – Let’s talk about bullying.
- Ministry of Education – fact sheet on what parents need to know about the safe schools initiative.
- Ministry of Education – information about progressive discipline.
- Ministry of Education – The effects of bullying go beyond the school yard. For you as a parent, here’s what to watch for, what you can do, and where you can go to get help.
- PREVNet is a national network of Canadian researchers, non-governmental organizations and governments committed to stop bullying.
- Restorative Practice in TLDSB – an information video.
- Safe Schools Act
- Safer Saner Schools – a report sharing statistical data about the positive effects of the implementation of Restorative Practice in Ontario schools.
- The Canadian Safe School Network (CSSN) is a national, charitable organization dedicated to reducing youth violence and making our schools and communities safer.
- The International Institute of Restorative Practices Canadian
- TLDSB Code of Conduct
- What is Restorative Practice?